Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where to begin?

It’s been awhile. I wish I could say during my time away I found the skinny girl in me but instead she’s gotten buried further inside as I have gotten even bigger.  Since my last post I suffered from a bout of plantar fasciitis which I tried to ignore and continue running. That turned out to be a very bad idea. I had to stop exercising since I could barely walk and went to the Good Feet Store to get fitted for orthotics.  Plantar fasciitis gets better if you rest and your foot and because I had an excuse not to exercise I used it. Since I wasn’t exercising any resemblance of a diet eventually went out the window as well. Since then I have gained the little I had lost plus an extra 20 pounds. Ouch!! I cannot believe I let myself get so much out of control. I almost weigh as much as I did at my heaviest. I worked so hard to lose the weight the first time that I cannot believe I let myself go back to that.  On Monday last week I stepped on the scale and decided enough is enough.  It’s a new year and what better time to make a change than now? Since then I have come up with a game plan to fight the fat.
1.) Try new recipes and cook more often
2.) Pack lunch, supper and healthy snacks for work
3.) Keep a food journal and track everything
4.) Try to stay busy so I don’t just eat out of boredom
5.) Find blogs to read daily to inspire/motivate me

No comments:

Post a Comment